Duration of Warranty:
- Limited Lifetime warranty on drawer slides and door hinges.
- 5 Year Limited Warranty on cabinet box and door.
- Limited Lifetime warranty on rangehood motor and 1 year warranty on other rangehood parts.
- Limited Lifetime warranty on Stylish sink and faucets
- 1 year Limited warranty on installation and contracting services of the project include electrical, plumbing, cabinet installation, and taping.
- Countertop warranty is subject to manufacture warranty.
- Plumbing fixtures is subject to manufacture warranty
- The availability of material used is subject to change without notice to ensure Hestia Hearth Design’s quality.
This warranty applies to the original owner and may not be transferred to any subsequent owner within the initial one year period after substantial completion.
- Every wood Hestia Hearth Design used to build your cabinet is unique to the tree from which it came from. Graining, colour and texture variations is going to be different from the sample you saw in showroom and this is a natural beauty. Hestia Hearth Design cannot be responsible for the natural variations that may characterize your cabinet selection. However, Hestia Hearth Design will strive for consistency across all products.
What is not covered:
- The natural aging or darkening of wood color, the inherent growth characteristics of, or variation in wood. We believe this is the beauty of nature and
not a defect
- Wear and tear, damage or defects caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, alteration, non-residential use, or improper installation, storage, or handling.
- Damage or defects caused by the failure to maintain any item or keep it in good working order.
- Damage resulting from fire, freezing, storms, electrical malfunction or surge, lightning, earthquake, pest damage, acts of God, or other unforeseen causes or accidents.
- Damage from alterations, misuse, or abuse by any person; ordinary wear and tear; or problems caused by lack of maintenance.
- Damage resulting from your failure to observe any operation instructions furnished at the time of installation.
- Any item furnished, installed, modified, altered, or repaired by you or any other person other than Contractor.
Problems which arise in an attempt to match existing materials. There are limitations inherent in the matching of existing materials such as stucco, drywall, paint, wood, tile, flooring, concrete, and the like. Exact duplication in matching, texture, and color cannot be guaranteed. Variations within industry tolerances will be considered acceptable.
Damage to sewer by others. (Plumbing)
Allowing grease or other contaminants to enter the sewer system. (Plumbing)
Sewer backup caused by city or other old sewers. (Plumbing)
HOW TO OBTAIN SERVICE
If a problem develops during the warranty period, Owner shall notify Contractor in writing of the specific problem. Owner shall give such notice promptly after first discovering the condition. Contractor will begin performing the obligations under this warranty within a reasonable time of receipt of such a request and will diligently pursue these obligations.
Repair work will be done during Contractor’s normal working hours, except where delay will cause additional damage. Owner also agrees to provide the presence (during the work) of a responsible adult with the authority to approve the repair and sign an acceptance of repair on completion. There shall be no charge for the costs and expenses of examination or inspection by the Contractor, whether not a defect is found or later repaired or replaced. The work will be done either by Contractor’s crew or whatever competent workmen or subcontractors are designated by Contractor.
Contractor has sole discretion as between repair or replacement. All efforts shall be made for a reasonable match, and to repair or replace in the event the original item is no longer available.